2.05.2012

The Lady who DOES IT ALL.

Her Daughter, Delaney
Her Husband, Scott

This lady right here is known to those close to her as, super woman. She is a mother of three beautiful children, a wife to an incredible man, a faithful daughter and an inspiring sister to two. Ever since I was little I can remember Jenelle being one of the most lovely and STRONG people I knew. My little mind watched, listened, felt and learned as she would speak. Her and I have different moms and share the same, precious Dad. I cherished the months she lived with us and the time I was able to spend with her as I was growing up. Learning from her choices-- both good and bad-- is part of what has shaped me to be who I am. To watch her face life, overcome and become incredibly successful is the most motivating examples I could have ever imagined having in my life. She is a gift, and I am so thankful that I can call her my sister. As I have grown older, this woman has gained one of the highest amounts of respect I could give to anyone and she continues to blow me away with her response to lives circumstances. 




As my matron of honor, she came out (before all of her family) to be by my side, during the week before my wedding... and she remained there until the night of my wedding when I went to be with my husband. Her support and love she gave me during the most important week of my life was the absolute best present I could have received... and words will NEVER express how much it meant! Her advice, her perspective and her strength continues to speak to me as I have entered into the most beautifully complicated season of life, called marriage. Her ability to approach life with determination and ease is so refreshing to be around. 

When I asked my brother Bobby, to describe her in four words his response was "funny, confident motivated and blunt." And that could not get closer to the truth. When she enters a room her confidence is contagious to everyone in it. She walks with intention, never fails to make us laugh until we cry and never holds back if she has something to say! A trait she has acquired coming from our Dad's seed!

One of my favorite memories, was from a recent trip to visit this family of five in LeMoore, California. It was the day after Thanksgiving so Brandon, Bobby and I packed up the car and drove 5 hours north. Let me tell you, it is SO fun being stuck in a car with the husband and the brother... especially when their favorite thing to is laugh hysterically at their ego-altering blows at me! 

We finally arrived and were greeted with six happy faces, the sixth being Mama Donna (Nell's Mom). Having a full house, time with just the siblings is hard to get. So, as soon as the opportunity arose the three of us (Jenelle, Bobby and myself) volunteered to go on a pizza run. Actually, the main reason we ordered out is because I needed to go back and get the jacket I saw earlier while we were shopping. So glad we went back to get it! On our way to the pizza shop the jokes flowed (again the target being me... I guess this is what comes with being the youngest) and they continued until we arrived back at the Mason residence. I do not remember all that was said, but I remember laughing with two of my favorites and that is a forever treasure that I will cherish in my heart from that weekend (... besides watching my hubby kill it in "Just Dance").

My sister is a lover and a fighter, opinionated, passionate, analytical, intelligent, focused, faithful, tenacious and most of all the best and most beautiful sister I could have asked for! I love you Jenelle Marie Mason!




1 comment: